This is a Really Real Mental Health Post.
That’s it! I’m tired of spending my alone time laying around in bed moping like some lost puppy.
I totally get it, missing Wonder Woman is like grief all over again but I can’t keep doing this. It puts me into a dangerous position especially when suicidal intrusive thoughts work their way into the mix. It’s time for a plan of attack.
I need a list of things to do.
This feels silly, why does a 38 year old woman need to sit down and write out a list of interesting things to do when she’s alone? But the fact is, once I’m alone, my mind goes blank and gets filled with nothing but sad and grief and bored and a shit load of spiraling thoughts that often land on suicide. If the way out of this mess is a list of things to do, then lets start making that list!
- design shirts (even if I can’t make them)
- design stickers (even if I don’t know where to stick them)
- look up new shirt/sticker designs
- diamond painting
- etched glass
- figure out how to make a current recipe healthier
- find new healthy recipes
- cook something Wonder Woman doesn’t like (EAT ALL OF THE SEAFOOD!!!!!)
- who am I kidding, if I’m in the mood to clean, there is no shortage and I don’t need a list
- finally use one of those lush bath bombs (I am my own special occasion)
- read one of the psych books
- read one of the grief books
- go for a long walk, alone
- get over phobia of Xbox and watch Netflix
- get over phobia of Xbox and play video games (finally get into Kingdom Hearts)
- play one of my many video games on the computer
I’m sure there are dozens more ideas I can add, but this is a good start. If you can think of anything I don’t have here let me know so I can keep this growing.